Tips for Senior Skin Care
Our skin is the bodies largest organ. Even with the overall size, it rarely gets the care and special attention it deserves. This is especially true as we get older. As we age our skin needs special care.
The most significant change in our skin as we age is the fact that it gets thin and dry. It becomes more fragile and less resilient. There are many things we can do to protect it and try to prevent damage from occurring.
- Stay hydrated. Drinking water is an excellent way to keep skin moist and lubricated from within.
- Use proper sunscreen. Sunburn and exposure can be very damaging to our skin. Wrinkles, usually happen to the skin that receives the most sun exposure.
- Using a humidifier during the winter and in any arid or dry climates is a good idea. It helps the skin stay moist as well as aiding with certain breathing issues.
- Hot baths or showers should be kept to a minimum. Cooler temperature water is preferable. While the soak feels good, it can start to leach the moisture from the skin quickly.
- When washing, try to use only mild and moisturizing soaps.
- Avoiding stress can also be beneficial to your skin and overall health.
At Pari Home Care, our expert staff is comprised of extremely knowledgeable, friendly, and trusted professionals who take pride in helping your loved one manage their daily activities.
We are known for our flexible hourly and in-home care from everything from running errands and help around the house with daily chores to more personal care. We also offer comprehensive Alzheimer’s, dementia, Parkinson’s, and post-stroke care in Ottawa.
For more information, please call our office at (613) 266-6765 and schedule a complimentary in-home consultation or you can send us an E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our staff will contact you. Contact us today to learn more!